ASL Teachers Criticism of ASL Music Video

The expert of ASL teachers criticism of music video.

The expert ASL teaching consultant saying "No Church In The Wild - JAY-Z & Kanye West (Sign Language)" That video is NOT sign language at all.


I am a hearing ASL teacher, this is my personal opinion of the recent "No Church in the Wild" video posted by 3 hearing ASL students. I apologize for the background noise, I made this video in my classroom. Here is a transcript for the non-ASL community: Hello, I'm Katie (my sign name). I teach ASL.

I wanted to comment about a video I recently watched , "No Church In The Wild (Sign Language)". That video is NOT sign language. Honestly, I would use that video to show my students what NOT to do when signing music.

Now, I don't want to insult the three boys in the video. I think it's really cool you enjoy and want to sign music. I think it's awesome that you are so motivated, and I encourage you to continue improving your skills. Socialize with the Deaf community, get involved, learn, and gain experience from signing masters.

BUT... your current video is lousy. You have "dead faces"... no facial expressions or body moments, no grammatical structure... it's like you just randomly grabbed words out of thin air. Your video isn't clear, either.

Honestly, that video would be very embarrassing for an ASL teacher. And embarrassing for hearing people. I'm hearing. I would never take advantage of the Deaf community, of their language and culture, like you did. I'm sorry, but you took advantage of them, and that's not appropriate.

I encourage you to continue to improve yourselves, and I promise you, 10 years from now, you'll look back at your "No Church for the Wild (Sign Language)" video and be embarrassed of yourselves, too.

Related Controversy:
'No Church In The Wild' ASL Video: Under Fire For Major Mistake!
No Church in the Wild ASL Video.
'No Church In The Wild' Video: Fan-Made Video Draws Criticism From ASL Community.
You Put ASL In Shame!
HuffPo Covers Fake ASL Music Video.
Deaf People Attacked For Defending ASL.
Supposed "ASL" Music Video Featured on HuffPost Entertainment.

Related:
Paul McCartney's ASL Music Video 'My Valentine'
Signing Off - Natalie Portman & Johnny Depp
ASL Music Video 'No Church In The Wild' Under Fire For Major Mistake!
ASL Teachers Criticism of ASL Music Video

Featured Post

The Most Googled Questions About Being Deaf

Do not make the work of Deaf YouVideo content look like your own. Give credit where it is due and requires that articles be based on reliable published sources.

Posts Archive

Most Viewed Last 7 Days

Most Viewed Last 30 Days

Most Viewed Of All Time

That Deaf Guy Comic

About This Site

Deaf YouVideo is public web site and a free assessment for everyone. A public web site is a web site that you can use to have a presence on the internet. It is a public facing site to attract customers and partners, and it usually includes increase traffic. Feel free to exploring the online community - Deaf, Hearing-Impairment, Hearing-Loss, Sign Language, News, Events, Societies, Resources, Links, Videos, Vloggers and much more. Be sure to Bookmarks this website.

Submitted content, to whom it may concern of posting on this site: YouPrivacy


Videos and Channels Powered By YouTube

RSS Feed Content

Deaf YouVideo provided by YouTube, Blogger, Google Feedburner, RSS Feed are a way for websites large and small to distribute their content as well beyond just visitors using browsers. The feed icon feeds permit subscription to regular updates, delivered automatically via a web portal, news reader vlogs or blogs and etc. Submitted content and/or disabled by request consume content and will be immediately removed from Deaf YouVideo. If you see the content appears "error, blank, and feed not support", click home or refresh your browsers.

Powered by FeedBurner

Copyright © 2020 Deaf YouVideo All Rights Reserved.
Deaf YouVideo. Powered by Blogger.
 
page contents